Who can I send marketing emails to?
In order to get the best results, and to avoid domain blacklisting or any form of prosecution, it is important to only send emails to people who want to receive them. We have our own policy regarding who we can send marketing emails to, and this is closely based on the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 from the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The Email Jam policy on sending emails follows best practice guidelines and has been created for the protection of our clients. It is as follows:
With the Email Jam service we CAN send marketing emails to the following categories:
- People who have purchased a product or service directly from your business within the last 2 years.
- People who have actively signed-up to specifically receive marketing emails from your business.
We CANNOT send marketing emails to anyone in the following categories:
- Email addresses you gained via a competition or prize draw.
- Anyone who has opted-out of receiving marketing emails from you.
- People whose email addresses you procured via any 3rdparty including:
- A rented or purchased list
- A competition or prize draw
- A parent or sister company
- Another retail platform such as Ebay
If a person or organisation asks to be taken off your mailing list, you must comply with their request. There are no exceptions to this rule, and if you fail to comply, they can apply to the courts for an order against you under section 11 of the Data Protection Act. (We make it as easy as possible for people to remove themselves from a list by simply clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link).